Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear Jim,
 I went into your office yesterday looking for a DVD, on my way out I did what I always do when I leave. 
I looked at a message you wrote on one of your white boards.
(You wrote the part in red, in case you didn't know.) 
Why did you write this? I stare at it for a good 5 minutes or so before i give a heavy sigh and leave. Just tears fall down and stop by the time i reach the kitchen. I hear you telling me "Come on Gayle. Your mind is a powerful thing. Just erase the boards, donate most of the books, put my things in trunks and MOVE ON!"
But I can't do that Jim, I can't imagine how disappointed in me you must be. How many times I've heard you tell me " Come on Gayle, you know better then that." 
I'm a selfish person Jim, I wasn't strong enough to do what you would have wanted. I was always thinking about me; about what I wasn't going to let death steal from "me". 
But death was only taking what was rightfully his. And I won't erase this board. Hopefully, I will get to add my own message before death comes for me. And we will stay connected in this board in our words.
Love, 
    Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment