Friday, July 30, 2010

Strange days

Dropped Jim off Tuesday at a memory care facility.
OFFICIALLY singed the papers. No tears. No sobs.
Slumped over signing things. Hearing in the background "it's best for your kids, it's best for your Heath" looking up from my slouch I stare at her, she smiles. I look back down at the contracts and wish she would leave and give me a moment.
It's a big deal signing these documents. I'm giving my job to someone else who gets payed with money. My pay was the gift of knowing what true love is.
It's a ripping apart of our lives, we have been living around daddy's illness. Everything we do goes around daddy's schedule. Now I sign these papers and he becomes apart of their lives. They live around his schedule. Strange.
I signed them, I walk to see him. he was jovial, I was....nothing.

5 comments:

  1. gayle,
    i am so, so sorry to hear of your husband.

    please let me know if there is anything matt or i can do.

    all my love,
    brooke gullikson (a friend of jeffra's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine what you are going through. None of the decisions are easy, but you have to make these tough choices to make some of the other aspects of your life easier.
    Hang in there ~
    Darcie (Jeffra's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle,
    I'm so sorry about your husband. Please know that there are lots of people out here holding you & your family close.

    Lots of love,
    Kris Stutz (a friend of Jeffra's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over after I heard from Jeffra. I am so, so sorry. I will be thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. It has been a lonely scary road. But now that I'm looking into the resources that are out there I don't feel so alone. And when this is over I will have the tools to help me get through.

    ReplyDelete